If you want to improve your inventory management in wholesaling or distribution, you have come to the right place! Read this article and discover the perks of adopting an inventory management system in distribution!
The distribution businesses understand exactly how the inventory system simplifies the process of managing, organizing, and tracking stock. The system also improves efficiencies and productivity while decreasing carrying costs at the same time.
There is absolutely no doubt that the ability to track items and manage inventory levels throughout the supply chain is demanding for distributors of all sizes and types.
In this article, we are going to present you the perks of using an inventory management and tracking software in distribution. Here are the benefits you should know about:
- Complete supply chain visibility – the inventory software when it is fully optimized provides the complete business operation with actionable and insight information regarding both outbound and inbound items flows.
- Quality management – In the nature of long-lasting and temporary items is that errors and issues do occur sooner or later. The shipments can be delayed, the packages can be broken, and the fill rates can lag. The inventory software determines and tracks the different issues and problems that could happen and through analytics and reports, provides insurance regarding the factors affecting quality.
- Planning and forecasting – The inventory management software not only controls the optimal stock levels at the warehouse, it can also predict the future business needs and capacity requirements. Through information and insights provided by the software, you can determine the viability or open several warehouses in different locations which will be located near your targeted customers. This will help you maximize efficiencies and enhance service levels. You can accomplish all of these, with the right inventory management system.
- Cost management – Any product that sits on your shelf is a responsibility that picks away at your company’s profitability. By effectively managing your stock needs in real-time and expanding inventory turns, your company can make the most out of the current shelf space.
- Scale – As your business develops, you will probably need a software that develops with you. The right inventory management system ensures expansion without adding an additional hardware or system costs.
Get an inventory management system today and improve your distribution business! It is easy to move ahead with the right system by your side!
— Wolin Design Group (@WolinDesignGrp) 23 de mayo de 2017